Mama Louisa’s Banana Pancake
Ingredients: makes about 6 medium pancakes/crepes
- 1 cup wheat or spelt flour (see gluten free option below)
- 1 organic egg (see vegan option below)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- some milk (dairy or non dairy) to mix the batter, you can use only water as well
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced in circles
- coconut oil for cooking
In a bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon. Add some milk or water to mix. Now add an egg and mix well. The consistency should be not too thick or too runny. Add water or milk as required to get it right.
Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Pour some batter. Place a few slices of bananas. When one side is cooked flip and bake the other side. The bananas caramalise and get sweeter. Make a few pancakes and serve on a plate.
Drizzle some chocolate sauce, honey or maple syrup. Enjoy warm!
- with honey, maple syrup or chocolate sauce
- with vanilla or chocolate icecream
- sprinkle some nuts of your choice
- Vegan option: You can opt out eggs, instead use 1 tsp baking powder
- Gluten free option: Use flours like chickpea flour or besan, rice flour or tapioca starch
It is nourishing and wholesome dish loved by kids and adults. Hope you enjoy our recipe! Thank you for reading.
With love from Mama Louisa and the chefs.
Please see our menu on the Cafe, Bar & Restaurant page.